Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finally back in the mood

I am finally back in the mood to post. Yes, I realize it has been 2 months but I need partial forgiveness for that. I could have been a bit more diligent in April but for some reason I wasn't. Guess I was waiting for excitement and boy did I get it, but not a good way.

On April 27th, Paige got really sick with her allergies and asthma and wound up in Mercy Hospital. I took the night shift and Daddy and Mimi took the day shift. On Saturday, the 28th, I went to Chickasha with Sheridan for softball while Mimi stayed with Paige and Daddy caught up on some work. That night, I stopped by my folks house in Del City for a quick shower on my way back to Mercy. Spent a few minutes with the folks and headed out for the night shift with Paige. Paige was having a great night health-wise. About 5:30am, Terry called to tell me that my mom had taken my dad to Midwest Regional Hospital and he was on his way to Mercy so I could leave. Thankfully, Paige was discharged at noon that day.

As for my dad, he was VERY ill with pneumonia and O2 poisoning from the pneumonia. He spent the next 3 weeks in a very touch and go situation but finally beat the odds and made it home on Friday May 18th. THANK GOD for his healing hand since the doctors can't explain his survival.

In the meantime, Sheridan got very ill with asthma on Monday, May 7th and wound up in Mercy for 3 days as well. This time, due to Terry's work schedule, I took both days and nights for the most part. He was great to come and relieve me when he could so I could shower and work some as well as visit my dad. The 2nd night of her stay was one of his very close calls but again, God was taking care of us by allowing us to all be where we needed to be. Thanks to the Bentley and Lowry families for housing Paige during our adventures and to The Jayne and Gayle families for being shoulders to lean and occasionally cry on. Also, thanks to everyone for their calls and prayers during this time.

So, all is well that ends well and for us the month of May ended WELL!!! But in the meantime, I really didn't feel like writing. Guess it is just not an emotional outlet for me when I am stressed so to my 1 or 2 loyal readers, SORRY but thanks for hanging in there. By the way, are you even still out there?!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, still here! Keep it up.

Nina said...

I'm here, too! :)