Well, it finally quit raining for a few hours so the Del City ballpark opened up for a fundraiser tournament this weekend. YEAH!!! We are back outside!!! Smiles all around at the Bond house. The girls and I head for the ballpark for our first game. Talk to Terry on the phone since he is on the way back from a "work related" fishing trip to Louisiana (more about that later with hopefully some pics).
So here we go!!!
Arrive at ballpark, still smiling...
Get our schedule (1 game for Paige's team, 4 games for Paige and Sheridan with Sheridan's team), still smiling..
Warm-up for the game, still smiling..
Go down 1-2-3 in top of 1st inning, still smiling still lots of game time..
Get 2 quick outs on the other team and walk their 3rd batter, still smiling no big deal..
4th batter hits a blooper that is dropping in front of 2nd base, Sheridan is charging for the catch, glove catches ground, Sheridan drops to ground and declares "I broke my wrist", NOT SMILING anymore.
Yes, not 10 minutes into the first game of the day, my darling daughter hurts her wrist. Big question is break vs. sprain. Know what I am voting for but think we might need medical assistance. So I call Mimi to come get her from the park, clean her up and put on a brace until I can get arrangements made for Paige. Get Paige squared away and head to ER with Sheridan. In the meantime, I call our friend and orthopedic surgeon Mike Williams. He says get an x-ray and if we have a fracture, come out to his house with films and we will see what needs to be done.
So, since it has been 45 days since our last major medical incident, it seems perfectly natural for me to be driving up to Midwest Regional's ER at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon, when the sun is shining for the first time in weeks, the ballpark is open, and both my girls are supposed to be playing on the same team. Where else would I be!!!!
Long story short, wrist is broken (of course it is, we are the Bonds). So after Paige is finished with ball, we head out to the Williams. Mike says she needs surgery and he already has it booked for tomorrow (Monday, July 2). Man it is great to have friends in the medical community.
Surgery went well. No pins required!! She is resting with Mimi today and according to Mike should be good to go as a pinch runner in California at the end of the month.
I try to post pictures of the cast soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment